Posted: December 19th, 2013 | Author: Jessica Rosenkrantz | Filed under: jobs, life | No Comments »
Come work at Nervous System! We are looking to hire a full-time operations manager to help us manage and expand our studio. Please forward this job posting to anyone you think might be interested. Read the details at http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/jobs.php
Posted: September 21st, 2012 | Author: Jessica Rosenkrantz | Filed under: jobs, news | No Comments »
We are looking to hire a full-time studio coordinator at Nervous System. Job responsibilities include a mixture of administrative, creative and research tasks.
- ordering supplies
- checking inventory
- acting as a liaison to vendors and wholesale accounts
- office organization
- answering the office phone
- creating promotional materials (including catalogs, packaging, newsletters, press releases, blog posts, video content, and photography)
- writing product descriptions
- replying to press requests
- writing posts for our blog and other social media
- finding new manufacturers, materials and wholesale accounts
- find opportunities that align with our work at Nervous System (exhibitions, installations, partnerships, grants)
We seek candidates who are tech savvy and have a mixture of design, sales and writing experience. You must have experience with social media and ideally you know your way around the backend of a website. We are looking for candidates that have experience with Adobe Creative Suite or have writing experience. Please send us links to your portfolio, blog or similar.Someone smart, good at communicating, able to pick up various tech related skills, and capable of keep track of many things at once.
ABOUT NERVOUS SYSTEM
Nervous System is a generative design studio that works at the intersection of science, art, and technology. We create using a novel process that employs computer simulation to generate designs and digital fabrication to realize products. Drawing inspiration from natural phenomena, we write computer programs based on processes and patterns found in nature and use those programs to create unique and affordable art, jewelry, and housewares.We are located at 561 Windsor St in Somerville, MA in between Union Square, Somerville and Inman Square, Cambridge. Currently, we are a small studio of 6.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted by email only, please no phone calls. Please email your letter of introduction, resume and links to your website or blog if you have one to email@example.com. This is a salaried position.
Posted: February 18th, 2011 | Author: Jessica Rosenkrantz | Filed under: collaboration, design, jobs | 3 Comments »
We are looking to hire a generative designer full-time to work with us at Nervous System. Here’s the job description.
Nervous System seeks a full-time employee with a wide range of skills. The position will fill a variety of roles as we grow our business into more domains depending on applicant’s skills and interests. Roughly half your time will be spent managing our general day-to-day business concerns and the other half will be spent participating in ground-breaking generative design work.
* general office management: preparing and filling orders
* critical design feedback
* operating digital fabrication equipment (laser cutter, cnc router, makerbot)
* sourcing manufacturers, supplies, and materials
* finishing and assembling products
* writing software/libraries for digital design
* researching natural pattern forming processes
* design of packaging and displays
* product photography
* working on large scale installations
* designing interactive experiences
Applicants should be organized and friendly (comfortable contacting customers, stores, and suppliers). Experience and excitement in design, computer programming, 3D geometry, digital fabrication, and manufacturing techniques are all a plus. It is also desirable for applicants to have some experience in science or engineering.
To apply, please email us a letter of introduction and a link to your portfolio or website.