Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer-controlled machines.
Floraform is inspired by the biomechanics of growing leaves and blooming flowers. Each piece emerges from a computational simulation of differential growth, a surface that grows at different rates in different location. The flowering structures expand fastest along their edges, evolving from simple surfaces to flexuous forms that fill space with curves, folds, and ruffles.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- October 21, 2016Ever wanted to get a closer look at what goes into making one of our 3D-printed Kinematics dresses?
- October 18, 2016Corollaria is an algorithmic jewelry collection by Nervous System, composed of intricate lattice str…
- September 01, 2016The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences in Sydney, Australia commissioned Nervous System to create…
- July 21, 2016Our Cell Cycle and Kinematics apps don’t only give you the ability to design your own Nervous…
- exhibit2016-09-03 to 2017-06-25at Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences
- exhibit2016-09-27 to 2016-10-30at Red Dot Design Museumkinematics dress on display
- art installation2016-11-09 to 2016-11-12at
- exhibit2016-12-01 to 2018-12-31at Museo del Gioiellokinematics jewelry on display