Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer-controlled machines.
Create your own designs, shop limited edition products, and download designs for home 3D-printing.
Floraform is inspired by the biomechanics of growing leaves and blooming flowers. Each piece emerges from a computational simulation of differential growth, a surface that grows at different rates in different location. The flowering structures expand fastest along their edges, evolving from simple surfaces to flexuous forms that fill space with curves, folds, and ruffles.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- January 05, 2016Ever since we introduced our Kinematics project, people have been asking us to make a Kinematics nec…
- December 31, 2015Last year we produced our first engagement ring with a gemstone. This year we took on more custom je…
- December 21, 2015Each year we try to give our family gifts we have made for the holidays. This year we decided to des…
- November 30, 2015Nervous System is working with New Balance to develop functional 3D-printed midsoles for performance…
- exhibit2016-02-06 to 2016-07-10at Dorsky Museum of Art, SUNY New Paltz
- lecture2016-02-13 to 2016-02-14at Tokyo, Japan
- lecture2016-02-22 to 2016-02-23at Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- lecture2016-03-16at Museum of Fine Arts Boston6 - 7:30pm