Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer-controlled machines.
Create your own designs, shop limited edition products, and download designs for home 3D-printing.
Floraform is inspired by the biomechanics of growing leaves and blooming flowers. Each piece emerges from a computational simulation of differential growth, a surface that grows at different rates in different location. The flowering structures expand fastest along their edges, evolving from simple surfaces to flexuous forms that fill space with curves, folds, and ruffles.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- July 21, 2016Our Cell Cycle and Kinematics apps don’t only give you the ability to design your own Nervous…
- June 07, 2016We’ve continued to enjoy collaborating with clients on custom engagement rings during the firs…
- June 01, 2016This winter, we found out about a kickstarter for new 3D-printable ceramic called Porcelite by Tetho…
- May 26, 2016We’re excited to announce the Kickstarter launch of UnGRIDDED, a new series of coloring books…
- exhibit2016-04-02 to 2016-09-12at Triennale di Milanokinematics jewelry featured, curated by Kenya Hara
- panel2016-07-28at 5-8 PM @ IDEO
- lecture2016-08-16 to 2016-08-17at Malmö, Sweden
- exhibit2016-09-08 to 2016-09-12at Linz, Austria