Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer controlled machines.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- March 25, 2015We recently welcomed a Form 1+ 3D-printer to our office. Even though we have 5 (?!?) FDM printers in…
- March 04, 2015In our previous co-creator features, we’ve looked at 3D-printed designs from our Cell Cycle and Ki…
- February 27, 2015Here in Boston, we’ve been blanketed by a record-breaking 100+ inches of snow. It has been too col…
- February 17, 2015The Kinematics Dress is on display for the first time at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.
- exhibit2014-11-03 to 2015-10-31at Museum for Communication, The Haguehyphae lamps & kinematics necklaces on display
- exhibit2014-12-12 to 2015-04-15at Cooper-Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museumcustom kinematics necklaces and video on display
- exhibit2015-02-14 to 2016-01-01at Museum of Modern Art, New York, NYKinematics Dress on display
- lecture2015-04-10 to 2015-04-10at The Fields Institutewith physicist Stephen Morris