Shop our nature inspired jewelry and housewares, generated by simulation and fabricated by computer-controlled machines.
Create your own designs, shop limited edition products, and download designs for home 3D-printing.
Floraform is inspired by the biomechanics of growing leaves and blooming flowers. Each piece emerges from a computational simulation of differential growth, a surface that grows at different rates in different location. The flowering structures expand fastest along their edges, evolving from simple surfaces to flexuous forms that fill space with curves, folds, and ruffles.
Kinematics is a system for designing and simulating flexible structures for 3D printing. Kinematics generates customized designs composed of 10s to thousands of hinged, interlocking modules. The designs are computationally folded using rigid-body physics into a smaller form for fabrication by 3D printing.
Generative design software
We create design software and web-applications based on scientific theories of pattern formation.
- November 30, 2015Nervous System is working with New Balance to develop functional 3D-printed midsoles for performance…
- November 19, 2015We’ve generated new batches of our Full Moon and Coral series necklaces. Tiny circles of varyi…
- November 17, 2015We are launching two new limited edition lamps, the Calyx and Bromeliad. These flower and leaf-inspi…
- November 13, 2015Holidays are coming! To ensure that your items arrive by December 24, please make sure you place you…
- exhibit2015-02-14 to 2016-01-01at Museum of Modern Art, New York, NYKinematics Dress on display
- exhibit2015-08-23 to 2016-01-03at Museum of Design Atlantakinematics dress on display
- lecture2015-12-02at Las Vegas, NV
- lecture2016-02-13 to 2016-02-14at Tokyo, Japan